3 Steps to Start Your Online Teacher Business
"Do it! Get up early. Stay up late... You have to make the decision that this is a path that you're going to pursue, and you're not going to let anything stop you."
~Erica Terry (19:15)
Today, I'm going to be sharing the exact steps that you can use to start your online business without spending any money.
When I think back to my own journey as an edupreneur when I first started my online business a few years ago, I had no idea what I was doing. I wasted months and months researching and trying to figure this thing out. I was trying to teach myself how to do everything. And it felt like every piece of advice that I got, it was always to do something that cost me money.
To officially become an edupreneur and start an online business, the first thing you need is not a website, and it's definitely not a Facebook page for your business. Nope. What you need is a product...
You begin to think that in order to be successful as an edupreneur, you have to have these digital resources that have this clip art. Child, there is nothing further from the truth than that!
But teachers are there (Teachers-Pay-Teachers), they're actively looking for resources. And so you definitely want to start a store so that you can get in front of those people, they need your gift, they need the product that you're going to bring to them.
As educators, we are ready to pour so much time and energy into being great for our students. Times are crazy right now. So we're working from home.
Do it. Get up early. Stay up late. For me right now I'm recording this episode while my daughter is still asleep. You have to make the decision that this is a path that you're going to pursue, and you're not going to let anything stop you.
It's Power Hour. These simple actionable steps empower you to create an online business that includes multiple streams of income in just one hour a day. Are you ready to move from the Classroom to CEO?
Here's your Power Hour Assignment:
- You're going to create a digital resource using Google Slides or Google Docs.
- You're going to add some pictures to make it stand out and you're going to add free stock photos. You're not going to waste your time with that clipart.
- Start a Teachers-Pay-Teachers Store & add your product
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO THE CLASSROOM TO CEO CHEAT SHEET
and Start Your Online Business Absolutely FREE with 3 Simple Steps
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
Disclosure: I am a partner with many of the companies discussed on the podcast. This means that if you make a purchase using one of the affiliate links on this page, I may receive a referral commission at no additional cost to you. Please see my earnings disclaimer for more info.
Resources I Mentioned in this episode:
- My Favorite Places to get FREE Stock Photos are:
- Classroom to CEO Cheat Sheet including 3 Simple Steps to Start Your Online Business Absolutely FREE!
- TpT Sellers 10 Step Quick Start System $9 Special Offer for listeners of the Classroom to CEO Podcast
- Are You An Edupreneur? I'd love to feature you on the show. Click Here to Be a Guest or Join the Next Expert Roundtable
- EduBrand Profit Plan Bootcamp (4 Days to Turn Your Classroom Knowledge + Teaching Skills into a Profitable Online Business)
“I love Erica and Classroom to CEO.” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more educators — just like you — move toward the online life and business that they desire.
Here's How to Leave a Review:
- Click here to go to the Podcast page on Apple
- Scroll to the bottom
- Tap to rate with five stars
- Select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!